MetaverseGo! was founded to democratize the Web3.0 (or web3) space. Although popular perception defines the metaverse only as immersive and 3D, we believe the future of the internet is inclusive and expansive. We want to help ensure accessibility by simplifying web3 and building a global gateway to the metaverse.
Build everyone’s gateway to the metaverse
- Make metaverse access mainstream and convenient for consumers and businesses.
- Abstract complex components of web3 and crypto to enable users to focus on discovering quality content, building communities, and engaging in commerce
Onboard everyone around the world on the metaverse, regardless of country, income, or device
State of the Web3 World
Web3’s early traction is amongst early adopters and in innovation-forward segments like gaming. However, several areas of friction still exist in today’s user experience that inhibit mainstream usage:
- Set-Up: Long and complex process across multiple platforms and accounts
- Discovery: Finding quality content, from web3 games to NFTs (non-fungible tokens).
- Learning Barriers: Upfront cost and gaming/web3/NFT knowledge required to start
- Earnings Volatility: Rapid price changes of tokens and assets
- Redemption: Few available channels to meaningfully and safely spend earnings
The MetaverseGo Team
The MetaverseGo team is composed of top talents across Gaming, Web3, FinTech, and Platforms. With a wealth of founder experience from companies such as Meta, Bytedance and Globe, we combine Web2 experience with the dynamic and emerging force of Web3 talent.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Technology Officer
Jake San Diego
Chief BD Officer
Carla Noelle Perfecto
Donald Onghanseng, CFA
Financial and Legal
MGo Ecosystem - Strategic Partnerships
MetaverseGo is built on an ecosystem that brings the following strategic partners together under one platform:
- Telecom providers with large mobile subscriber bases for efficient user acquisition
- Game developers with quality gaming content backed by strong brands and IP
- Gaming communities, including guilds that provide scholarships to lower the financial and knowledge cost needed to start gaming
- Financial partners to translate earnings into real world value and utility
- Partner businesses (merchants, brands) wanting to reach consumers in the metaverse
Telecom Partnerships as Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy
Telecom partnership is a key acquisition channel - as creation and management of a MetaverseGo account requires only a mobile number. These partnerships unlock access to global subscriber bases and enable onboarding into the metaverse in the simplest and most seamless way possible. User acquisition growth becomes exponential as more telecom partnerships are established, in the process proving a set of key hypotheses that solidify confidence in the MetaverseGo product and business case:
- Strong technical integration between MetaverseGo and its ecosystem of partners;
- Product and tech stack stability at significantly higher volume; and
- Interest for web3 executions that expand beyond gamers and crypto early adopters
MetaverseGo first launched in the Philippines via its partnership with Globe Telecom, a leading telecommunications operator. With a 76 million subscriber base, the Globe brand is one of the strongest in the Philippines. Within weeks after the partnership launch, MetaverseGo achieved 16,000+ user registrations, which grew 8x from early access registration and continuing.
MetaverseGo Business Use Cases
MetaverseGo’s business model emphasizes a core product application (a web3 game discovery platform) while utilizing the value of the web3 ecosystem that is built on it.
A. Use Case for Game Discovery Module:
Individuals can use MetaverseGo’s Web App and Native iOS/Google Apps to discover potential games available for play within the game discovery module. From the game discovery tab, they will see various information about games in various stages - from development to ready-to-play. They can then browse information about each game before proceeding to playing the game either through a deep link or web link access. Select games will have scholarships available to them and they can find that out through this module. The module will possess filtering, categorisation, and search functionality.
- Read about the game;
- Review the game;
- Apply for Scholarship / Rent Assets / Purchase Assets;
- Play the game; and/or
- Join a tournament
B. Use Case for NFT Marketplace Module:
Individuals can use MetaverseGo’s Web App and Native iOS/Google Apps to search, trade and sell NFT assets. Users are able to access an NFT marketplace which supports various NFT assets. NFT assets can be listed, categorized, bought, and traded. The NFT’s image, price, description and utility will be listed out and publicly displayed. This allows for real time bid order transactions to take place. Transactions will then be recorded within each user’s personal account system. Proof of ownership will also be recorded in the blockchain.
- Listing (selling) an NFT;
- Buying an NFT in the marketplace;
- Browsing NFTs in the marketplace and checking NFT information; and/or
- Checking past personal transactions (purchases and sales)
A. Commercial Fees on MetaverseGo Credit Transactions
MetaverseGo utilizes an in-app credit system (MetaverseGo Credit) that functions as digital credit used exclusively within app.metaversego.gg. Credits are housed in a user’s MGo wallet.
- The MetaverseGo wallet streamlines funds by converting other currencies into credits.
- This enables multiple ways to directly acquire and use credits
- Credit is backed by USDC, which enables a MetaverseGo credit to retain its value despite changes in cryptocurrency or other financial markets
- Users can acquire credits by purchasing them with fiat, earning them in-game, or selling/reselling their NFT. Users can use credits to redeem in-game NFTs, collectible NFTs, other utilities, or convert back to fiat.
- All MetaverseGo credit transactions result in revenue streams to MetaverseGo, either as a percent of earnings or transaction fees which are shared with relevant partners.
B. Direct Monetization via Premium Pass Subscription
MetaverseGo enhances the overall app experience by enabling MetaverseGo account holders access to exclusive features through premium passes. A Premium Pass holder is entitled to:
- Early access to upcoming games and NFT projects;
- Earn additional rewards via game play and other app activity vs. a standard user; and
- Access exclusive content within MetaverseGo
Apart from direct purchase, premium passes can also be earned as a prize by participating in MetaverseGo events and programs.
Tokenomics Preview - MetaverseGo Token (MGO)
A. Token Supply and Allocation
Total and Maximum Supply: 1,000,000,000 Tokens
The $MGO tokens are intended to be allocated as follows:
- ~40% (400,000,000) will be allocated and sold by MetaverseGo to public buyers
- ~20% (200,000,000) will be allocated to pre-sale buyers pursuant to Simple Agreement for Future Tokens (“SAFT”) contracts
- 12% (120,000,000) to be utilized by the Company to incentivize community
- 12% (120,000,000) to be reserved in treasury for future business undertakings
- 16% (160,000,000) to be distributed to the MetaverseGo Team and Advisors
B. Vesting Period
* Note: Unlocking does not necessarily mean generating the tokens at the same time.
C. Funding Allocation:
All funds contributed in the public sale will be used for MetaverseGo’s platform development, go-to-market growth, and ongoing operations. The below preliminary funds allocation and distribution may be subject to change:
- Development (40%): This refers to the development costs of all the technology and product items described in this Whitepaper, such as smart contracts, wallets, APIs, third party integrations, and any other product updates. This will also cover hiring additional full-time developers and consultants to meet roadmap goals.
- Growth, Marketing and Promotions (30%): This will focus on constant and consistent promotion of MetaverseGo and its product to gamers and other relevant target segments in multiple jurisdictions. This includes advertising, promotional events, sponsorships, game tournaments, mobile, and social media engagement.
- Operations (15%): This will cover all business operation costs, including headcount, that are not associated with development and marketing as described above.
- Legal (5%): MetaverseGo will obtain appropriate legal advice to ensure it operates in accordance with the laws and regulations of each jurisdiction that it engages business in.
- Others including contingency and liquidity (10%): Funds will be held in reserve for any future issues to ensure coverage of unforeseen costs. These funds may also be dedicated to ensuring sufficient liquidity for the MetaverseGo Token at all times.
Price of $MGO is determined by the following:
- Token supply
- Token demand
- Regulations governing its sale and use
- Investor and market sentiments, news and media.
Apart from direct purchase, premium passes can also be earned as a prize by participating in MetaverseGo events and programs.
MetaverseGo will be utilizing the following control tools to manage pricing.:
- Hard Cap
- Inflationary Tools, including Lock ups, Staking (Users and Node), Buy back and Burning, and Vesting and Transaction Penalties (Tax)
E. Token Utility
- Staking Utility
- MGC transaction discounts
- Governance participation - details to follow
MetaverseGo’s scope is global with the Philippines as a test and pilot market.
- The MetaverseGo Web app launched on June 17, 2022 on Early Access Beta, and publicly via a partner and press push on Sept 2022.
- Free Data Pack with Globe Telecom launched Sept 2, 2022
- Press Push on September 13, 2022
- User Traction as of end October 2022
- 90,000+ Cumulative Lifetime Users
- 31,000+ Monthly Active Users
- 15,000+ MetaverseGo Account Registrations
- 2,500+ Scholarships Applied
- 35GB of MetaverseGo Data Packs claimed
- ~50% click through from landing page to game exploration
- Telegram Group: 6,400+ as of October 2022
- Discord: 600+ as of October 2022
- Facebook Group: 1,100+ as of October 2022
NFT Brand Partnership Pilot
Globe Telecom in the Philippines served as pilot brand partner for MetaverseGo’s NFT launchpad. Globe’s Gudi NFT was the first NFT collection released by a telecom provider globally with real world utility. A Gudi NFT entitles holders to a stream of Globe rewards, including event ticket access starting with the GMusic Fest held in Sept 2022, chances to win prizes, involvement and benefit from brand loyalty programs, and exclusive content drops.
- 12,000+ user sign ups from partner launch communications period
- All 917 primary NFTs were minted and claimed within 48 hours
- On-ground marketing executions across Globe’s annual flagship program touchpoints
- Social media mentions and community discussion
This narrative proves a replicable use case for brand partners and more traditional businesses to feed into the NFT marketplace module as creators, and eventually utilize its own NFTs as a form of advertising and marketing channel to capture and retain customers. Potential partner brands indicated significant interest following the 2022 PH Digital Conference, where MetaverseGo helped create and distribute ~2,000 NFTs to event participants. As a result, NFTs serve as an awareness and acquisition channel with the intent of converting NFT holders into active MetaverseGo platform users.
Product, business, and monetization strategies continuously evolve within MetaverseGo in the interest of building a project towards value creation across the MetaverseGo ecosystem. We reserve the right to modify any existing material to reflect changes in the MetaverseGo strategy and operations in the best interest of our team and community, but will always communicate these transparently and create regular touchpoints to answer all questions.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION.
MetaverseGo does not make or purport to make, and hereby disclaims, any representation, warranty or undertaking in any form whatsoever to any entity or person, including any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the truth, accuracy, and completeness of any of the information from third party data providers set out in this Whitepaper.
Representations And Warranties by You
By accessing and/or accepting possession of any information in this Whitepaper or such part thereof (as the case may be), you represent and warrant to MetaverseGo as follows:
- You agree and acknowledge that this Whitepaper does not constitute a prospectus or offer document of any sort and is not intended to constitute an offer of securities in any jurisdiction or a solicitation for investment in securities and you are not bound to enter into any contract or binding legal commitment and no cryptocurrency or other form of payment is to be accepted on the basis of this Whitepaper;
- You agree and acknowledge that no regulatory authority has examined or approved of the information set out in this Whitepaper, no action has been or will be taken under the laws, regulatory requirements or rules of any jurisdiction and the publication, distribution or dissemination of this Whitepaper to you does not imply that the applicable laws, regulatory requirements or rules have been complied with;
- You agree and acknowledge that this Whitepaper, the Tokens, or the potential future trading of the Tokens on any exchange, shall not be construed, interpreted or deemed by you as an indication of the merits of MetaverseGo, the trading technology, the MetaverseGo Tokens, or the underlying investments (as referred in this Whitepaper);
- The distribution or dissemination of this Whitepaper, any part thereof or any copy thereof, or acceptance of the same by you, is not prohibited or restricted by the applicable laws, regulations or rules in your jurisdiction, and where any restrictions in relation to possession are applicable, you have observed and complied with all such restrictions at your own expense and without liability to MetaverseGo;
- You are fully aware of and understand that you are not eligible to purchase any MetaverseGo Tokens if you are a citizen, resident (tax or otherwise) of any jurisdiction where the purchase, sale or trade of cryptocurrency is prohibited;
- You have a good understanding of the operation, functionality, usage, storage, transmission mechanisms and other material characteristics of cryptocurrencies, blockchain-based software systems, cryptocurrency wallets or other related token storage mechanisms, blockchain technology and smart contract technology;
- You are fully aware and understand that in the case where you wish to purchase any MetaverseGo Tokens, there are risks associated with MetaverseGo and its respective business and operations, the MetaverseGo Tokens, and the underlying assets (each as referred to in the Whitepaper);
- You agree and acknowledge that MetaverseGo or any of its officers or employees is not liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other losses of any kind, in tort, contract or otherwise (including but not limited to loss of revenue, income or profits, and loss of use or data), arising out of or in connection with any acceptance of or reliance on this Whitepaper or any part thereof by you; and
- All of the above representations and warranties are true, complete, accurate and non-misleading from the time of your access to and/or acceptance of possession this Whitepaper or such part thereof (as the case may be).
- You agree and acknowledge that in case where you wish to purchase any MetaverseGo Tokens, the Tokens are not to be construed, interpreted, classified or treated as:
- any kind of currency other than cryptocurrency;
- debentures, stocks or shares issued by any person or entity;
- rights, options or derivatives in respect of such debentures, stocks or shares;
- rights under a contract for differences or under any other contract the purpose or pretended purpose of which is to secure a profit or avoid a loss;
- units in a collective investment scheme;
- units in a business trust;
- derivatives of units in a business trust; or
- any other security or class of securities.
No information in this Whitepaper should be considered to be business, legal, financial or tax advice regarding MetaverseGo or MetaverseGo Tokens (each as referred to in the Whitepaper). You should consult your own legal, financial, tax or other professional adviser regarding these matters. You should be aware that you may be required to bear the financial risk of any purchase of MetaverseGo Tokens for an indefinite period of time.
No Further Information or Update
No person has been or is authorized to give any information or representation not contained in this Whitepaper in connection with MetaverseGo and its business and operations or MetaverseGo Tokens (each as referred to in the Whitepaper) and, if given, such information or representation must not be relied upon as having been authorized by or on behalf of MetaverseGo. MetaverseGo Tokens shall not, under any circumstances, constitute a continuing representation or create any suggestion or implication that there has been no change, or development reasonably likely to involve a material change in the affairs, conditions and prospects of MetaverseGo or in any statement of fact or information contained in this Whitepaper since the date hereof.
Restrictions On Distribution and Dissemination
The distribution or dissemination of this Whitepaper or any part thereof may be prohibited or restricted by the laws, regulatory requirements and rules of any jurisdiction. In the case where any restriction applies, you are to inform yourself about, and to observe, any restrictions which are applicable to your possession of this Whitepaper or such part thereof (as the case may be) at your own expense and without liability to MetaverseGo or any member of the MetaverseGo Team. Persons to whom a copy of this Whitepaper has been distributed or disseminated, provided access to or who otherwise have the Whitepaper in their possession shall not circulate it to any other persons, reproduce or otherwise distribute this Whitepaper or any information contained herein for any purpose whatsoever nor permit or cause the same to occur.
No Offer of Securities or Registration
This Whitepaper does not constitute a prospectus or offer document of any sort and is not intended to constitute an offer of securities or a solicitation for investment in securities in any jurisdiction. No person is bound to enter into any contract or binding legal commitment and no cryptocurrency or other form of payment is to be accepted on the basis of this Whitepaper. Any agreement in relation to any sale and purchase of MetaverseGo Tokens is to be governed by only such an agreement and no other document. In the event of any inconsistencies between such an agreement and this Whitepaper, the former shall prevail.
No regulatory authority has examined or approved of any of the information set out in this Whitepaper. No such action has been or will be taken under the laws, regulatory requirements or rules of any jurisdiction. The publication, distribution or dissemination of this Whitepaper does not imply that the applicable laws, regulatory requirements or rules have been complied with.
MetaverseGo reserves the right to amend and revise this Whitepaper without notice.
Appendix A: MetaverseGo Investors and Advisors
Appendix B: MetaverseGo Partners
Appendix C: MetaverseGo Credit vs. MetaverseGo Token vs. XP